In keeping with the doctrines of Wall Street and Madison Avenue, sex sells rap music. In this video, Black youth examine the ways women of African descent are frequently portrayed in rap lyrics and music videos. Hip-hop riffs and clips from rap videos illustrate interviews with young rap enthusiasts, art critics, activists and rapper "Sista Souljah". Excellent for discussions on sexism, gender roles, and sexuality.
• Prized Pieces, Cultural Affairs Documentary, National Black Programming Consortium, 1992
• D'Ghetto Eyes : Film and Video by New Black, Latino, Asian & Native Directors
• American Film Institute National Video Festival, 1994
• The Third Wave International's Women's Film and Video Festival, 1992
• L.A. Freewaves 3rd Celebration of Independent Video
• San Francisco Cinemateque
• Festival of New Works by Film and Videomakers of Colour, Euclid Theatre, Canada